December is rapidly approaching, bringing with it a healthy dose of holiday cheer. The Starbucks red holiday cups are back, there’s Christmas music on the radio, and all the pumpkins are magically transforming into poinsettias. All signs are pointing to CHRISTMAS!
But its not all sugar plums and candy canes; the holiday season brings with it a certain amount of stress. Hosting holiday parties, decorating the house, baking holiday treats, and finding the perfect gifts for all your family and friends is hard work. But don’t you worry your pretty little head, Sassafras Street is here to help with our first annual Sassafras Street Gift Guide series. We’re here to help you find the perfect gift for your best friend, boyfriend, Mom, Dad, siblings, you name it! I’ve assembled the cutest holiday gifts on the market to inspire your Christmas shopping list. You never know, you might even find a few things to add to your own Wish List!
Each gift guide is inspired by someone in my own life. All of my friends and family have such unique style and completely different personalities, it’s unrealistic to assemble a one size fits all gift guide. So instead of replicating the generic gift guides that pop up on blogs, in magazines, and catalogs this time of year I decided to let you all get to know some of my closest friends and family and check out some of the items on their wish lists!
To kick things off I’ll share with y’all my own wish list, just a few things I’ve had my eye on!
- A colorful reminder to look on the bright side, gold bangle from Kate Spade.
- Fujifilm Instax Camera, I’m tired of never having any actual printed-out photos, Instagram and Facebook photos have taken over, but I’m too lazy to actually get film developed. Solution- an instant print camera! It would be perfect for parties! I would scrapbook and hang up my faves on my wall with some string and clothespins.
- L’Oreal True Red Lipstick, I feel so pretty with bright lipstick on, and there’s nothing more festive than a bright red lip in December.
- Short lace-up boots from Madewell.
- A bright yellow puffer from J.Crew. So fun! It would brighten up even the drabbest of winter days
- Anthropologie. I’m a sucker for nautical colors and stripes.
- This pink and red thermos from Kate Spade is just begging for some piping hot peppermint hot chocolate.
- Cath Kidston cowboy mug. I love all things retro-y Western (I made a quilt last year with fabric that looks exactly like this print!). This cup would make my morning cup of coffee so much happier!
- I didn’t know it was possible to want a set of cutlery as much as I do now. Good job Cath Kidston.
- LL Bean fur and leather bomber hat. Warm and fashionable!
- French hen sweater from J.Crew. I’ve had my eye on this one for a while now. It’s just too precious. “Put a bird on it”
- My cheap pair of aviators from H&M got stepped on a few months ago, so I’ve been sunglasses-less and wanting a pair of Ray-Bans to call my own
- I’ve decided. Statement necklaces are now my signature item. A chunky bib necklace will liven up even the most boring outfit. From Forever 21. You’ve gotta love cheap jewelry!
- You can never have enough statement necklaces, Forever 21
- Statement Necklace, Forever 21
- It’s me! Windswept and smiley!