With final projects, papers, and exams nearly consuming my life this week, I’ve been reminding myself to look on the bright side and enjoy the little moments of happiness that have made my pre-finals week so much less dismal! Here are the highlights.
1. I actually have a HUGE reason to be happy this week- I finally found out that I may be teaching early childhood education in Baltimore next year, if I choose to accept my offer from TFA! It feels so satisfying to know that I could potentially have a job next year doing something I love and something meaningful! To be honest, I am a little scared of moving all the way across the country to a city I’ve never been to, where I don’t know a single person, but I am always up for an adventure. This video expresses my feelings: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3xICOc13wk
2. It has been absolutely beautiful weather in LA this past week! It was such a thrill to pull out my warm weather wardrobe! I’m so over jeans and sweaters. Bring on the springtime dresses and shorts.
3. Celebrating successes all around with friends. Summer jobs, job interviews, finishing finals, our futures: there was much to be celebrated this week with whiskey sours and mojitos! Cheers y’all!
3. Wine and silly cosmo quizzes with the roommates: Whats you’re flirtation personality? What type of sexy are you? Are you enough of a bad girl? Important stuff.
4. Thursdays I don’t have any class or meetings, so I got to enjoy a leisurely morning; I woke up without an alarm clock and went down into Westwood with Kim on an absolutely beautiful day. We got iced coffee, picked up some fresh strawberries from the Farmer’s Market, and found a spot on campus in the shade to eat our strawberries together. Strawberries, sunshine and friend dates make me so happy!
5. Our shower was finally fixed, OH HAPPY DAY! We have been struggling with low water pressure for MONTHS. It was literally a trickle of water. After hassling our landlord forever, our shower water pressure was finally restored to it’s former glory. This has seriously improved my life this past week.
6. I don’t know what it is about this past week but my Game of Thrones obsession has been thrown into full gear. I must be able to sense the approach of the long awaited 03/31/13- the premiere of the third season of the HBO series. In addition to wasting away my time watching the “History and Lore” extras on youtube, I recently discovered the sneak peek chapter of the 6th book of the The Winds of Winter, posted online. George RR Martin better finish that sucker soon, I can’t wait any longer!
Do yourself a favor and waste a few minutes on some shameless nerdery:
The Winds of Winter Teaser: http://georgerrmartin.com/if-sample.html
That’s all for now! Have a wonderful weekend!
1.) I spent most of my Friday stressed out in an important interview. My day was made better only by my beautiful new Vince Camuto blazer, which I bought specially for the occasion. There’s nothing better than looking sharp and feeling sharp in an interview! People who say fashion is foolish have never felt the power of a well put-together outfit.
2.) I got to celebrate finishing this crazy interview process with a delicious lunch with my brother at Craft and Commerce. Get the fried pickles. Trust me. Even if you hate pickles (I do), you’ll love ’em. And don’t act like you’re too cool to enjoy a shamelessly fried menu item.
3.) Decompressing after a long week, I spent my Friday night at home with the family enjoying our signature Trader Joes pizza/arugula salad creation (TJ’s 4 cheese thin crust pizza, topped with arugula and tomatoes mixed in a quick balsamic vinagrette, sprinkled with some parmesan and a little bacon- so freaking good) and Perks of Being a Wallflower.
4.) Helped my Mama put her finishing touches on our newly updated laundry room! Ain’t it purdy? My contribution was our new hand painted striped key rack. See my prior DIY for my “Hola, Guapa” sign for how to make one of your own, just at some hooks to the bottom and you’ve got yourself a key rack!
5.) Saturday afternoon we all went on a run around Miramar lake. It was a gorgeous day to be outside. Watched the sunset just as we were finishing our run!
6.) After burning some calories on our run, we rewarded ourselves with a yummy dinner at one of our favorite Mexican restaurants in San Diego, Hernandez Hideway. This place is off the beaten path, and a little sketchy looking but that’s part of its charm. The food is delicious and the margaritas are strong.
7.) DVR’d UCLA basketaball vs. Arizona. Great game and a Bruin victory at home, what more could ya ask for?
9.) Just about to finish out the weekend with the much anticipated History Channel premiere of Vikings. I’ll let ya know if it’s worth watching!