My mama is a quadruple threat. She’s a top notch mama bear, knowing just what to do when one of her cubs is sick or in need. She’s got one hell of a raised bed garden going on with all kinds of veggies and herbs. She can cook a delicious and nutritious dinner. And she’s a master of interior design, our house is the perfect combination of comfortable and stylish. She does all this with impeccable style and taste. She’s my own personal style icon, so much of what I like comes from many training shopping trips with my mom, my personal style comes from hours inventorying my mom’s closet and planning out her outfits for special events. Thus I have a lot to live up to with this gift guide; for a lady of such impeccable style, this gift guide better be spot on. Here goes nothing.
1. Short boots from Madewell
2. This Emerald green purse, also from Madewell, would make a nice seasonal addition to her massive collection of purses. Plus Pantone named emerald green color of the year for 2013.
3. J.Crew Liberty of London print PJ’s. My Mama loves a good pair of fresh pj’s. This cotton set look they would be cozy without being too hot, and a fun paisley print doesn’t hurt.
4. Quirky and cute garden sketches calendar from Terrain
5. Mason Jar Salt and Pepper Shakers from Terrain. A recent discovery of the multi-purpose nature and stylish charm of mason jars, has developed into a full fledged mutual obsession. So having a set of mason jar salt and pepper shakers to add to her collection is a perfectly logical thing to do.
6. Mercury glass candle from Terrain. Mercury glass accents are smattered throughout our house, and I know my mom is always looking for another accessory to add into the mix.
7. Silly selfsies turned into a fun photobooth strip on this nifty site Photoboother.com
8. Jadeite cake plate. My Mom loves jadeite, and this pretty cake plate would look great in our kitchen. (this one my have been a selfish addition, I love cakeplates, probably a lot more than my mom, she would probably want something more useful like a set of bowls, oh well!)
9. Cath Kidston polka dot glasses. Cute!
10. Winter-y house under a shiny glass cloche from Target
11.Throw blanket from Pendleton. This cozy little throw would fit in to the blues and greens and yellows of our family room.
12. Gathering basket for all my mama’s home grown veggies from William’s Sonoma Agrarian
13. Potting table to add to my mom’s garden ensemble. Also from Williams Sonoma
14. Multi-color latte bowls from anthropologie would look so festive in our colorful kitchen