With final projects, papers, and exams nearly consuming my life this week, I’ve been reminding myself to look on the bright side and enjoy the little moments of happiness that have made my pre-finals week so much less dismal! Here are the highlights.
1. I actually have a HUGE reason to be happy this week- I finally found out that I may be teaching early childhood education in Baltimore next year, if I choose to accept my offer from TFA! It feels so satisfying to know that I could potentially have a job next year doing something I love and something meaningful! To be honest, I am a little scared of moving all the way across the country to a city I’ve never been to, where I don’t know a single person, but I am always up for an adventure. This video expresses my feelings: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3xICOc13wk
2. It has been absolutely beautiful weather in LA this past week! It was such a thrill to pull out my warm weather wardrobe! I’m so over jeans and sweaters. Bring on the springtime dresses and shorts.
3. Celebrating successes all around with friends. Summer jobs, job interviews, finishing finals, our futures: there was much to be celebrated this week with whiskey sours and mojitos! Cheers y’all!
3. Wine and silly cosmo quizzes with the roommates: Whats you’re flirtation personality? What type of sexy are you? Are you enough of a bad girl? Important stuff.
4. Thursdays I don’t have any class or meetings, so I got to enjoy a leisurely morning; I woke up without an alarm clock and went down into Westwood with Kim on an absolutely beautiful day. We got iced coffee, picked up some fresh strawberries from the Farmer’s Market, and found a spot on campus in the shade to eat our strawberries together. Strawberries, sunshine and friend dates make me so happy!
5. Our shower was finally fixed, OH HAPPY DAY! We have been struggling with low water pressure for MONTHS. It was literally a trickle of water. After hassling our landlord forever, our shower water pressure was finally restored to it’s former glory. This has seriously improved my life this past week.
6. I don’t know what it is about this past week but my Game of Thrones obsession has been thrown into full gear. I must be able to sense the approach of the long awaited 03/31/13- the premiere of the third season of the HBO series. In addition to wasting away my time watching the “History and Lore” extras on youtube, I recently discovered the sneak peek chapter of the 6th book of the The Winds of Winter, posted online. George RR Martin better finish that sucker soon, I can’t wait any longer!
Do yourself a favor and waste a few minutes on some shameless nerdery:
The Winds of Winter Teaser: http://georgerrmartin.com/if-sample.html
That’s all for now! Have a wonderful weekend!